Employment and Careers at the VAPA Center
We are looking for a detail-oriented executive assistant to assist with projects and initiatives, reporting and presenting department information to clients, leadership, and stakeholders, and reviewing and enforcing processes and procedures. The executive assistant helps to maintain objectives, policies, budgets, and procedures, as well as monitoring expenses and metrics.
*Assisting the director with planning and implementing strategies.
*Monitoring progress towards objectives.
*Assisting the director with projects and initiatives by completing assigned tasks.
*Monitoring activities assigned to other staff members.
*Building and maintaining positive relationships with clients, management, staff, and the community.
*Assisting the director to establish and enforce budgets, timelines, and metrics.
*Organizing and filing documents, taking notes, and delivering messages to the director.
*Presenting department information to clients, leadership, and shareholders.
*Scheduling, organizing, and participating in company and community events.
*Recruiting, training, and retraining employees.
Additional Duties may include:
- Space and equipment rental
- Space and equipment setup
- Facilitation of equipment coordination
- Assistance with programming needs (setup, class facilitation, clean up/break down)
- Management of building issues (in assistance to ED: maintenance calls, working with contractors, building security, etc)
- Website and marketing assistance (building pages, assisting with development of intranet, newsletter)
- Management of organizational calendar
- Front desk coverage as needed
- Tenant service hours coordination
* Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
The VAPA Center is looking for a professional with an energetic friendly attitude and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously to serve as VAPA’s Operational Support Manager. In this position, you will support the building needs at the direction of the Executive Director. You’ll be responsible for maintaining the immediate appearance of the building and grounds, supporting the tenants with operational requests, attending to the request for room setup and breakdown, inventorying of equipment, light maintenance and lifting and moving of items. You will work a flexible schedule that may require weekend and evening hours. We pride ourselves on providing a safe and welcoming atmosphere.
If you enjoy the arts and are committed to doing excellent work, then we want to hear from you.
* Responding, investigating, and filling maintenance requests
* Assists in space/equipment rental and setup process in coordination with the Executive Assistant
* Assistance with programming needs in coordination with programming committee
* Manage the building inventory
* Coordinate with onsite security officers
* Report to Executive Director
* Accept deliveries and mail, organize them to be distributed to the correct recipients using the office mailing system and ensure they get to the recipient in a timely manner while also managing outgoing mail and packages for pickup
* Serve as a face of the company, offering friendly service to those entering the building or calling in on the phone
* Assist new applicants who come into the building to apply for positions, including providing them with access to secured areas, hardware and equipment
* Assistance with construction projects that facilitate movement of VAPA into phase 2 of required renovations
* Front desk coverage when necessary (this could be especially helpful on weekends)
* High school diploma or GED
* Some training or experience in customer service and office work
* Computer proficiency – Google Suite, MS Office
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to work independently
* Performing medium to heavy physical work